Monday, January 11, 2010

new beginnings

So, I know, I start this like four days ago and already I haven't written every day. Oops. Things have been a little hectic around here. I found out some tentative, but still upsetting news and I just didn't feel much like writing, to be honest.
Today, my mom is super sick... (we're hoping it's not some type of the flu, but it's a 24 hr virus) and to make things a little more interesting the power blew. I'm not sure what happened, but it was our house and a few houses around us. It was out for a good thirty minutes at least. My mom was fortunately feeling a little better at that time and we lit candles all around the house. Candles are soothing so it was probably a good thing for her.
I'm doing this 2000 peice puzzle and today as I was packing (I'm going back to Huntsville tomorrow) I realized that I was nowhere near finished with it and I was hoping to be finished before I went back so I did that for a while and got a bit done but still am nowhere near finished. I'll never be able to finish it anyway before Skylar chewed up like four peices beyond recognition. It's like every time I work on it a couple of peices get knocked on the floor and I can't see them because they blend in with the carpet. Well, Skylar finds them like she's on a easter egg hunt and tries to eat them. Fortunately I've caught her before she has actually swallowed any (I hope at least...)

Okay, so quotes of the day starting with the 9th.

From Jesus Calling (see previous blog entries for details),
"One of the main ways I assert My sovereignty is in the timing of events" (p. 10)

January 10, 2010
"For where you treasure is, there your heart will be also."
-Matthew 6:21

January 11, 2010 (today)
From Jesus Calling,
"If you keep on stating your concrens to Me, you will live in a state of tension. When you thank Me for how I am answering your prayers, your mind-set becomes much more positive. Thankful prayers keep your focus on My Presence and My promises." (p 12)

and

"Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving."
-Colossians 4:2

Praise the Lord for His constant presence. Amen.

0 comments: